Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Reading Note: Russia, Part A

The Leshy-

I really like monster stories in folklore. The Leshy is one that I find interesting due to its role in many European stories. And once again, I'm a fan of the hero rescuing the damsel. I may throw in a twist where the Leshy survives the first encounter and comes back to kill the hunter. Only by working as a team can the two kill the monster. I do like the Stockholm syndrome idea of the original though, so I'll have to weigh the possibilities.

The Dead Mother-

This story makes me sad. I do like the idea of a ghostly mother sticking around to take her child with her. I may retell the story with some kind of protagonist that would interrupt the actions of the original events and maybe save the child in some way.


Image: Photo of a ghostly woman (1889); Source: Flickr

Source: Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston (1887).

No comments:

Post a Comment